[DHL EXPRESS FASHION EXPORT SCHOLARSHIP]
Who's eligible to enter the 2011 DHL Express Fashion Export Scholarship? Want to find out? Take a look at the entry criteria along with the rules and regulations in closer detail.
Fashion Industry New Zealand [FINZ] is hereby referred to as 'the Organiser'. And, DHL Express NZ Limited is hereby referred to as 'the Sponsor'.
• The Applicant must be producing seasonal clothing collections and trading commercially as a registered legal entity in New Zealand.
• The Applicant must be exporting for less than four years and currently hold at least one active export account.
• The Applicant must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
• The Applicant cannot be operating as a subsidiary brand or business of an established company with significant export experience, as deemed by the Organiser.
• The Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of the Scholarship.
• Applications must be received by 5.00pm on MONDAY, 14 NOVEMBER, 2011.
• Applications must include the official application form; completed in full and signed by the Applicant.
• Applications must contain the Applicant’s own original work and not breach any copyright or intellectual property rights held by any other parties whatsoever.
• Applications will be used solely of purpose of administering the Scholarship and the content will remain confidential.
• The Organiser takes no responsibility for late or lost applications.
• The Organiser will confirm the receipt and eligibility of applications via email.
• The Organiser and the Sponsor will elect a judging panel; consisting of two independent judges and a representative of the Organiser and the Sponsor.
• Applications will be judged across several categories, including ‘brand and design’, ‘sales and marketing’ and ‘export strategy’.
• The judging panel will select three finalists, including the recipient of the Scholarship.
• The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The three finalists will be notified on FRIDAY, 18 NOVEMBER, 2011.
• The recipient of the Scholarship will be announced at an official function for media and invited guests in Auckland on WEDNESDAY, 30 NOVEMBER, 2011.
• The three finalists must attend the official announcement.
• The three finalists must provide three complete looks from their A/W-2012 collections – including garments, footwear and accessories – for the official announcement.
• The recipient of the Scholarship will receive international freight to the value of NZ$10,000 from DHL Express NZ Limited. The credit is intended for the sole use of the recipient of the Scholarship and is not transferrable. It applies solely to international freight and services, and cannot be credited against any amounts already owing to DHL Express NZ Limited.
• The recipient of the Scholarship will receive a coaching session on international freight and logistics from DHL Express NZ Limited.
• The three finalists will receive individual export mentoring and an annual membership subscription from Fashion Industry New Zealand Inc.
• The three finalists will be invited to take a reserved place on the New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Path to Market programme; tailored for apparel exporters to Australia.
• All prizes are valid from 1 January, 2012 to 31 December, 2012.
• All prizes must be taken as stated; prizes cannot be deferred and there will be no cash alternatives.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
• The Applicant will be deemed to have accepted the rules and regulations of the Scholarship, and agree to be bound by them upon application.
• It is acknowledged that the Applicant consents to the Sponsor’s use of his or her name, likeness, voice and biographical information, as well as photographs and video footage captured throughout the Scholarship programme, for promotional purposes in perpetuity, in any media worldwide, without obtaining any prior approval from the Applicant.
• The Scholarship is not open to employees or contractors of the Sponsor, any person directly or indirectly involved with the Sponsor, or their direct family members.
• The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Scholarship at any stage or change the rules, regulations and procedures, if deemed necessary in their opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
• The Applicant will at all times indemnify and hold harmless, and defend the Sponsor and the Organiser from all losses, cost claims, including legal fees, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Scholarship.
Photo: 2010 | Finalist | Blak Luxe